Thursday, May 8, 2008

Donations

Donating things that you no longer use will bless you in many ways. You will have more space in your home. You will feel more happiness when you consider that those unwanted things are enriching someone else's life. You will love the freedom you feel in NOT living as a slave to material possessions!

I have a shelf in my hall closet that I reserve for donations. There seems to always be a few things ready to share with others: a magazine I've just finished reading, a jacket my daughter outgrew, a nice gift a friend gave me, which isn't quite "me," a book I've enjoyed but don't want to keep in my personal library.

You might like to try this: think about a place in your home where you can always keep things to share. This way, you'll have a place to put things the minute you decide to share them.

This works best once your home is already decluttered, but it's good practice to start using it now. There will always be much to share!