Saturday, May 14, 2011

NIRVANA YOU CAN CARRY

Last week we talked about how to declutter your handbag.  Now let's get to organizing it.

A great way to keep your bag organized is to use mini purses inside it.  For example, I have a small zippered bag inside my main handbag with essential make-up in it.  You can do this for anything your lifestyle dictates that you carry:  contact solution and lens case, medication, mini first aid kit (if you're a mom of little ones or if you're a grandma), coupon sorter, eyeglass case and cleaning cloth, camera, notepad and pen, other office supplies (for years I carried a mini stapler around in my pencil case, and used it almost daily too), and snacks (a must if you work out of your car, of if you're a college student, diabetic, or a mom).

And the best way to organize it all?  Purse to Go!  I received mine this week and I LOVE it.  It's a liner with side pockets and a large central pouch for your purse.  Here's why I love it so much:

1.  It's lightweight.
2.  Mine is a light color so I can see inside my dark-lined purse much better (you can also get dark colors, but I love lighter ones as liners).
3.  You can turn it so the pouches are either on the outside or on the inside.  Love that feature!
4.  Mine has velcro on it (not all of them do, but I wanted this feature) so I can shorten the length so that it can fit in smaller purses.
5.  It keeps my handbag much neater and I'm saving time searching for my cell phone and keys.  It also has two small loops where you could attach your keys, but I keep mine in one of the side pockets of the Purse to Go.
6.  I can still fit my make-up bag inside, along with everything else I carry.

You can get them on ebay, like I did, or go straight to this seller's site: www.pursebling.com. I'm not affiliated with the site, other than being a customer of pursebling thru ebay; but it will save the owner of the company ebay fees if you buy directly from her website. 

Obviously the best way to organize something is to not have to organize it at all, so really work on reducing the volume of things you carry around with you FIRST, and THEN organize the rest. 

Also, for the things you do carry, look for the lightest-weight alternatives, to lessen the strain on your shoulders and back.  

Have fun organzing!