Wednesday, March 16, 2011

DIGITAL UPDATE AND MORE PAPER CLEARING IDEAS

Have you tried any new suggestions on reducing your paper load by going digital?

I bought my first Kindle for PC book on amazon.com, and instantly downloaded a book on (what else?) getting rid of clutter!  Although I am not a Kindle Reader kind of person, I AM a PC Kindle one, so this is wonderful. 

I also made a dedicated attempt to use Google calendar, and finally concluded that it's really not for me:  I still prefer a paper calendar (week-at-a-glance) system.  

Regarding all the paper we still keep, I want to encourage you (and myself too!) to shred or recycle as much as possible, rather than file it.  

I currently am trying to avoid the purchase of a four-drawer file cabinet by shredding or recycling 300 pieces of paper per month, from my already full file cabinet and archive file boxes.  Why 300?  Last month was 200, and helped a little.  But I need to continue this process in order to not have to purchase another cabinet, and I need to be able to accomplish this paper reduction in short time slots.  Setting a measurable goal (300 pages) with a time line (this month), provides me a great and achievable target.  I end up shredding 25 to 50 pages at a time, spread out over the month. 

Why not try setting a paper disposal goal this week?  Maybe 25 or 30 old papers from the back of your file cabinet?  That will take just a few scant minutes to do.  And you'll feel uplifted by getting rid of a bit of paper clutter.

Happy shredding!